After practicing real estate law for 20 years in Washington, Chuck concentrates on residential sales in Sequim and Port Angeles on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula. Chuck started in real estate as a salesman and associate broker in Alaska in the ’70’s before going to Gonzaga University Law School to specialize in real estate. Chuck has been an adviser to top producing real estate agents for 15 years, has personally closed 100’s of transactions, negotiated many more, and litigated most real estate issues. He has been involved in many complex commercial properties and businesses, founded a free real estate law website in 1995, has been a legal adviser to real estate investors, and is a minority shareholder in an International technology company.
Chuck is the author of numerous magazine and Internet articles with a primary focus on real estate, including the premier Washington magazine, Pacific Northwest Home Owner Magazine. Because he has two sons who became professional athletes (Strongman and Mixed Martial Arts), he has also authored articles on the Strongman sport and has been a freelancer for Ultimate Grappling Magazine. In his spare time, Chuck is a sports photographer. The photography experience redounds to clients’ benefit, since photographs and videos are very important in marketing and selling today.
Chuck has combined his love for real estate and technology to create a growing Internet presence in his market, and enjoys building his websites and blogs, including FreeRealEstateLaw.com and SequimPortAngeles.com and Sequim Real Estate and Port Angeles Real Estate Blog. Chuck has degrees in Economics, Law, and Education.
As the Broker/Owner of Sequim & Port Angeles Real Estate, LLC, Chuck shared this with a smile, “No one has the massive Internet presence that we have built. We reach more people, more potential buyers (in California, Arizona, Texas, Oregon, Montana, the Seattle area, and all the way to Florida and Massachusetts) than any other broker in all of Clallam County. Period. This is why buyers find us, and it is also why sellers want to work with us to list their properties. Todayâ€™s market is all about connecting with buyers. Thatâ€™s what we do.”
“Most people don’t know exactly how the real estate business works inside brokerages and what agents could be doing, but clients do tell me all the time what their previous agents did not do. I post articles on this blog giving clients and the public very specific and valuable information they can use immediately to make wise choices with their real estate. That includes everything I’ve learned in 30 years in real estate as a lawyer and Realtor, including negotiating to get clients the best possible price, drafting unambiguous contract language, connecting with clients through the Internet with cutting edge technologies and 100’s of articles, investing, foreclosures, short sales, and tax savings.”
“I love working with people, and I love negotiating. I’m also a technology geek, but all of this uniquely give my clients experience and professionalism. Pretty much all my clients end up becoming good friends. I think that says something about me and what I do.”
Email me at email@example.com, or call me on my cell at (360) 775-5424 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (360) 775-5424 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (360) 775-5424 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
For those who may be interested in a more detailed Resume, here’s more reading:
Not-So-Brief-Synopsis (and more than you want to to know):
University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Alaska
Major – Economics, Bachelor of Arts, 1976
Minor – Education w/Teaching Certificate (1979),
Gonzaga School of Law, Spokane, Washington, Juris Doctor – May 1985. Admitted to Washington Bar May 1986
Private law practice in Washington since 1986 with a four year stint as a JAG in the USAF. My private practice focused on real estate (with some time in estate planning, probate, litigation, and business development). I have advised thousands of real estate and business owners, investors, developers, builders, and Brokers. I’ve also been intimately involved with an international technology company. I have created many businesses, their structures and long-term strategic development.
I have litigated issues around the state, drafted numerous contracts, and resolved hundreds of disputes amicably and through arbitration. Credentials have also included Certified Estate Planner, Registered Investment Advisor (Series 7 and Series 66) and licensed in insurance and certified in long-term care.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE:
- Real Estate Negotiations (100’s of transactions)
- Drafted 100’s of Purchase & Sale Agreements, Amendments, Notes and Deeds of Trust, Real Estate Contracts, Commercial Purchase & Sale Agreements, Residential and Commercial Leases, D/T Foreclosures, R.E. Contract Forfeitures
- Regular Review of Appraisals, Loan Packages, Title Reports
- Worked extensively with Surveyors, Appraisers, Loan Officers
- Advised, Taught/Trained Real Estate Investors
- Analysis/Interpretation of Title Defects
- Purchase of Property as Principal for Undisclosed Agents
- Purchase of an entire residential City block of many houses for a hospital as Nominee
- Worked with county and state governments on many aspects of property development, wetlands, easements, condemnation, and private/public water systems and sewer/septic systems
- Worked with numerous county planning offices and hearing examiners
- Attended public county/state hearings and represented clients at both
- Personally closed 100’s of real estate transactions as an escrow agent (Attorney)
- Have been an advisor to escrow agents, title officers, and Realtors (including many Brokers)Have been involved in property condemnations, adverse possessions, and easements by prescription (have both resolved cases amicably and litigated others)
- Have worked with and represented homeownersâ€™ associations
- Have done many public presentations and talks on real estate issues
- Have personally managed properties and advised residential and commercial landlords
- Have handled commercial (and residential) evictions
- Have personally put together complete loan packages on residential transactions
- Have advised clients on real property tax issues
- Have been an advisor to real estate developers
- Have litigated many real property disputes, including specific performance, adverse
possession easement by prescription, boundary disputes, Purchase & Sale Agreement
disputes, lease disputes, evictions, foreclosures, bankruptcy reliefs from stay, condemnation, partnership disputes, probates involving real estate, warranty of title claims, builder disputes, and liens.
- Have handled many residential transactions as a Realtor.
- Have handled residential development and farm transactions, including my last one for $7.8 million.
May 1, 1991 to January 1993 – Area Defense Counsel, Nellis Air Force Base, USAF, Feb. 1989 to May 1, 1991 – Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Nellis AFB, USAF. Positions included: Government Prosecutor, Chief of Claims, Chief of Legal Assistance, Chief of Preventive Law.
AWARDS/RIBBONS: Training Ribbon, Outstanding Unit Award, Achievement Medal, Commendation Medal, Expert Marksman Ribbon, National Defense Ribbon. Plaque for Outstanding Performance as a Judge Advocate. Quote from Commendation Medal, “His management skills and determination were matched by his precision as a trial advocate.”